It has been just over 12 months since I started my 4 Hour Body experience. Many people have contacted me asking of my experience post the 4 Hour Body challenge… what I have taken away from the process. I have learnt a great deal about optimal dietary habits and metabolism which has forever changed the way I eat and view food which has also had an impact on my families health and well being as well. My kids understand the importance of eating good sources of protein as well as the importance of “eating a rainbow” of vegetables everyday. (PS, as one of my kids reminds me almost daily…white isn’t in the rainbow!)
I was successful in reaching my target weight goal within 30 days which was a loss of about 10% of my total body weight. Although the experience was excellent, I couldn’t see myself staying on any diet for any sustained period of time. Instead, I took away so many valuable things which I share below…
1. Eat a solid breakfast, soon after rising with as much protein as I can stand.
2. Don’t skip meals.
3. Eat less fruit and more veggies in my diet and focus on adequate protein daily. This is something that women generally seem to struggle with, but just the awareness alone, has made a huge difference for me in the food choices I make.
4. Cheat away, but with greater awareness. And exercise soon after the cheat meal. A set or two of squats in the ladies room have been a frequent occurrence!
5. In terms of supplements, I have gone off and on them several times now, and am convinced of their power. Continue with Athletic Greens, and Magnesium supplements. I have found that these really make a big difference. I added Vitamin D3 after my 4 Hour Body experience. You can get the whole cocktail of these products here at a special price.
The pAGG supplement is also very powerful. I stopped taking pAGG for a while and really noticed a marked increase in my LDL Cholesterol to an unhealthy level. I also really notice quite a difference in both energy levels and weight gain when I am not taking these supplements. You may not be able to sustain the 4 Hour Body diet strictly forever, but these supplements are a no brainer! Click here for the best pAGG available on the market.
6. I also continue to take a daily shot of a liquid nutritional superfoods supplement Seven + Proformance (much better absorption of nutrients and minerals than multi vit tablets). This product also alkalises the body and has no added sugar. To add extra fuel and curb cravings for chocolate at 4pm, a all natural and healthy Energy Drink based on Green Tea Extract- GreenZilla. Both eXfuze products are excellent.
7. Be careful with exercise. Don’t allow a good workout to excuse a sugar coma!
8. Make sure that you continue to consume healthy fats. I have found that a good quality fish and coconut oils have been excellent.
9. I will never again crave for sugar and complex carbs in the same way I did before the 4 Hour Body challenge.
10. I will continue to have a DEXA scan every year, or second year to keep an eye of body fat composition and bone density. I found the information that I gained from this scan invaluable as a benchmark.
In hindsight, the 4 Hour Body experience is very powerful, empowering you to change your nutritional and eating habits forever and not just for the period in which you are conducting your own 4 hour Body experiment.