Need a Quick Four Hour Body Meal?
This one is great for breakfast or in fact any of the four hour body meals. This quick and tasty “on the go” recipe makes approximately 2 serves. I recommend making double and refrigerating it. (quadruple if your kids steal your slow carb breakfast too).
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 tablespoons canned chopped green chiles
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
Add some greens of your choosing. I love adding loads of asparagus.
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 cloves garlic, mince
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
Cheat Day Additions
½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers (or use regulary Monterey Jack cheese)
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons salsa
- 1. Preheat oven to 450.
- 2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl; stir well. Set aside.
- 3. Coat a 10-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in bean mixture; spread evenly in bottom of skillet. Cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until almost set.
- 4. Wrap handle of skillet with foil; place skillet in oven and bake at 450 for 5 minutes or until set.
Four Hour Body Meals on Cheat Days
- Top with cheese; bake an additional minute or until cheese melts.
- Top each serving with sour cream and salsa; sprinkle with cilantro.
If you are not a fan of mexican food, just take out the spices, use different beans and add your favourite flavours.
Calories: 393 (31% from fat); Fat 16.6 g; Protein 27.5 g; Carb. 36g, Fiber 6.7g, Chol 137 mg; Iron 4.3 mg; Sodium 358 mg, calc 317 mg.
NB these numbers are based on the full recipe which you can enjoy on cheat days 😉
Don’t forget to join our community us and ‘like’ our page on Facebook. Part of the major contributor to success with the 4-hour Body experiment is to have other like minded people inspiring you along the way. Stay tunned for more Four Hour Body Meals.